Sunday, May 31, 2015

Putting Together Our Stories: Growing Up LGBT In WELS

            This blog is a mix of informative and getting out personal feelings. And so I want to create a post that mixes the two on a topic that’s been a huge center of my feelings. I was in WELS schools through all of my schooling. And there were a lot of conflicting feelings throughout it that have been difficult to work through. And so, I have an idea to help me and maybe others work through these feelings and experiences. I want to make a cooperative post with as many ex-WELS LGBT people as I can. This is going to be a post to get out our thoughts and feelings that we experienced. I don’t care how good of a writer you are. Simply write your experiences. These are the only guidelines I want to have for it.

1. State either a preferred name or if you are concerned about who will see, then a pseudonym
2. State where in terms of LGBT+ you fit (i.e. I am bisexual and transgender)
3. State your gender and preferred pronouns (Also whether you are cis or trans)
4. Mention how long you were in WELS
5. Tell us anything you’re willing to tell us! What it felt like, your thoughts, your feelings, your experiences, specific stories, how you came to leave WELS, any and all of it! I want this to be a comprehensive effort for us to connect on and work through our feelings together!

If you want to write something just let me know and send it to me when you’re done! I’ll post them as soon as I have them with the handle “LGBT in WELS: Your Name”


And thank you so much in advance for anyone that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment